Home with Lisa Quinn Episodes
Get Sparkling Clean Windows
Lisa Quinn shows you how you can get sparkling clean windows. Learn some easy steps that will really make a difference.
Washing Windows 101:
- Use hot water and white vinegar
- Use a 16 inch squeegee
- Find a feather duster or paint brush
- You'll need a good size sponge
- Use a microfiber cloth for drying
- Use paint brush to get rid of dirt
- Hose down window
- Use your cleaning solution
- Clean window with a sponge
- Make sure your squeegee is wet before you use it
- Use an up and down motion for cleaning
- Finish up with a microfiber cloth
- A professional squeegee is the best item for cleaning those hard to reach windows. You can find one at most hardware stores.
- Make sure you get an extension pole for your squeegee.
- If you don't have an extension pole with a sponge on the end, you will need to also pick up a sponge. Make sure you can use the sponge at the end of the pole as well.
- Dip your sponge into a cleaning solution and start at the top of the window.
- Make sure the whole window is wet.
- Now use the squeegee and repeat the process.
- If your windows are really high you might need a ladder. Make sure someone can help you and hold the ladder.