Home with Lisa Quinn Episodes
Forget store bought headboards. Create your own unique and stylish one. Lisa Quinn shows you how easy it is to do it yourself.
Buying headboards online takes about 8-10 weeks to arrive. Doing it your self can save you lots of time if you're on a deadline.
1. Get a piece of plywood cut to the size for your bed. Department stores like Home Depot will cut plywood for free. Be careful bringing the plywood home! Make sure it is secured on the car or the plywood will take off without you!
2. Wrap material around the plywood. Lisa used a quilted brindle cowhide, she got it at IKEA. Staple it on the back side to hold material in place.
3. To keep the edges crisp and clean, sharp scissors were a must.
4. You can add store-bought nail head trim in a silver finish to add sparkle. Fabian found it at Jo-Ann's Fabric and Craft Store. To keep the trim in place, put a tack at the head of the chain. Then add another tack every 3rd or 4th loop along the trim.
5. Put the headboard into place and make sure it is firmly secured to the bed frame. In this makeover the plywood rests on the floor and the bed holds it in place.