Home with Lisa Quinn Episodes
Create your own Juju Hat
Lisa Quinn makes a juju hat. She shows you simple steps to put one together. You'll end up with great artwork without spending a lot of money.
How to Make a Juju Hat
- You can use a variety of material for this project. It can be done with feathers, yarn or raffia.
- Trace a circle out of a poster board and cut it out.
- Cut a hole in the center.
- Cut from the outside to the inner circle.
- Cut your raffia about inch longer than your poster board circle.
- Spread the raffia on top of the circle and spread it out like a fan.
- Divide the sides of the raffia bundle, to create an X shape.
- Turn your project over and pull the ends of the raffia through the inner circle and tie a knot.
- Use popsicle sticks to help secure your knot.
For more information visit http://flutterflutter.ca/2011/05/26/juju-hat-tutorial/.