Home with Lisa Quinn Episodes
Common Household Items to Repurpose
Lisa Quinn shows off some great ways to repurpose items in your home for your garden.
Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose:
- Use Epsom salt as a fertilizer for your plants.
- Use a soda bottle as a funnel.
- Plant seeds into an egg or yogurt carton
- Use a bar of soap to help keep your nails clean while gardening. Rub your nails over the top of the soap to create a barrier of soap under your nails before you head out to do your gardening.
- Use a sponge at the bottom of your containers to prevent leaks.
- Styrofoam peanuts can be used at the bottom of your pots to help with drainage.
- Use banana peels as fertilizer for rose bushes. Put the peels about an inch under the soil, right around the root bed. The roses love the potassium from the banana peels.