Good Cookin' With Bruce Aidells Episodes
Great tips for carving ham.
Carving Ham Tips:
- Let ham rest for at least 20 minutes or up to 45 before carving.
- Use a sharp knife with at least an 8-inch blade
- Have a warm platter ready to receive the slices.
- Cut a large chunk parallel to the leg bone and lay the chunk on your cutting surface and make slice across the grain about 1/4-inch thick and lay them neatly on the serving platter.
- Ladle over some of the hot sauce and serve with additional sauce on the side for guests to help themselves.
- Bag up any leftover ham in zipper lock bags and refrigerate for sandwiches