- Servings: 2 cups
- Difficulty: Easy
- Provided by: Chef Ryan Scott
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups pepitas, shelled and raw
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper to taste
Ingredients Print Recipe
Spray baking sheet liberally with nonstick spray.
Mix all dry ingredients, except pepitas in a small bowl.
Toss pepitas in a large bowl with the egg white until completely coated. Coat the pepitas with the dry ingredients.
Spread the pepitas in a SINGLE layer on baking sheet. Bake until pepitas are golden and DRY, stirring occasionally, making sure the nuts aren't sticking, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on parchment paper in a single layer. Separate the pepitas with a fork while they are warm. Cool.
The pepitas will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Note: You need to carefully follow the instructions so the nuts separate and don't stick together