Send your show thoughts, comments or questions about Food Rush using the form provided below.
Food Rush Episodes
Fun and Tasty Ballpark Snacks
The Giants have brought home two World Series trophies in just three years. But, the team isn't only known for their skills on the field -- their ballpark is known for some of the best food in baseball. Of course there is your standard ballpark fare, like beer and soft pretzels, but for the real scoop Ryan gets a behind-the-scenes tour where he tastes some of the unique ballpark bites.
"The signature for us in the garlic fries and Crazy Crab is a winner, winner, winner. And, the cha cha bowl is really popular," said Sandie Filipiak, director of concessions.
Joanne says the hand tossed caramel corn is a hit with the younger crowd.
"It is just like Lays potato chips. You can't eat just one," said Danitra Sampson, ballpark concessions.
After Ryan gets a taste of the food at the Giant's ballpark, he heads back to his test kitchen to start cooking some dishes that he hopes will win over kids. Ryan puts his spin the ballpark's raviolis by making homemade calzones. They are simple to make and easy to eat! Those delicious salty garlic fries inspired him to make a healthier version -- garlic hummus served with some vegetables. And, he puts a little twist on the caramel corn by adding nuts.
He serves his fun meal to some local little leaguers known as the Junior Giants.
"Junior Giants is a free non-competitive baseball program for boys and girls. We are in predominately underserved areas and we are in our 20th season this year. We have over 20,000 kids playing in over 85 different leagues across California and a little bit in Nevada and Oregon," said Nicole Zongus, Junior Giants coordinator.
All of Ryan's dishes were a homerun with the kids on the team.
For more information:
- Segment 1
- Ryan Gets Behind-the-Scenes Tour of AT&T Park's Concessions
- Chef Ryan Scott checks out the concessions at the San Francisco Giants' AT&T Park to get inspiration for some kid-friendly dishes that he can serve at his restaurant.
- Related Photos Watch Segment
- Segment 2
- Calzones with Pepperoni and Zucchini
- These Italian treats are great to freeze and perfect for snacking on the go.
- See Recipe
- Segment 3
- Homemade Caramel Corn
- This recipe for caramel corn tastes just like the kind you would find at the ballpark.
- See Recipe
- Segment 4
- Garlic Hummus
- The rich flavor of this hummus recipe comes from cooking the garbanzo beans.
- See Recipe