Finding Free Stuff Online
In life there are some things that are free and oftentimes it's just a click away. We went on the hunt for freebies just to see what's out there and how easy they are to find.
Where do you find these free goodies? In our research, we found there are three main places: retailer Websites like Walmart or Target, Manufacturer websites like General Mills or Kraft and, sites devoted to Getting Freebies like freebies.com and freebies4mom.com.
First, we spent the morning surfing websites and filling out forms.
Fast forward four weeks and they are here! Our first freebie has arrived in the mail. This shampoo and conditioner sample we got just by going straight to the manufactures website. Soon after, more samples started rolling in. We a few samples of mayonnaise, two free Emergen-c drink mixes and Eucerin lotion samples.
We even got a free razor. All of our samples included generous coupons. We even got a full size Clif bar for free after receiving a coupon in the mail.
Overall, a great batch of stuff that we didn't pay a dime for.
While doing this little experiment, besides learning the do's and a few don'ts.
1. Create a new email account to use for freebies. By just signing up for a few freebie items, we received more than 400 emails in just a few weeks!
2. Opt Out of mailings if you don't want future emails. You may want the future emails because a lot of them are coupons and more freebie offers.
3. Act Fast - items often run out quickly. Oftentimes, there are only say 1,000 units of a product to offer, then the deal is gone.
4. Time - it took us about an hour and a half to look for deals and fill out forms. Several websites asked us to fill out surveys, which took even more time.
5. Find facebook deals - If you don't want to go hunting for freebies like we did, you can always think of your favorite product, see if it has a facebook page, and "like" them so you get updates. Often, the "fans" are the first to find out about free deal offers.
Check out these freebies sites:
Due to the pre-recorded nature of this program, some prices may not be current. Please check your local retailer.