Create New Lamp With Old Stuff
Janie Ellis with Anything But Plain shows you how to turn your old stuff into a one-of-a-kind lamp. She shares a few do-it-yourself tips.
- Old Toys of various sizes
- Spray Primer
- Spray Paint in Desired Color
- Lamp and Shade
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
2. Pick a theme for your toy lamp if desired or set aside toys you want prominently displayed.
3. Heat up glue gun.
4. Create a base for your lamp with a paper plate, wooden disc or plastic lid and glue to lamp.
5. Start with large pieces and glue to base of the lamp, add toys on top and build up large to small.
6. Once all pieces are sufficiently glued down, remove all strings left behind by hot glue.
7. Spray lamp with white primer and allow to dry.
8. Spray paint lamp desired color or leave white.
9. Top with lamp shade and you're done.
Retro Spoon Lamp Shade:
Things you'll need:
- Plastic Spoons (# depends on size of lamp)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Spray Primer
- Spray Paint in desired color
2. Break at score mark and keep the curved end of the spoon.
3. Decide how much spoon you want to hang off the edge of the shade.
4. To start the first layer of spoons, find a matching point on the spoon (our spoons had lines we matched) to keep consistency.
5. On the second layer of spoons, lay the spoon between two spoons on the first layer and continue until the second layer is completed.
6. Continue ringing the lamp shade until you have reached your desired stopping point.
7. Remove strings left behind from glue gun.
8. Spray primer.
9. Spray paint color.
For more information visit www.AnythingButPlain.com.