Turkey Noodle Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms
- Servings: 4
- Provided by: Kary Osmond
- 1 pkg (14 oz/400 g) fresh Udon noodles, (or 2 cups/500 mL cooked pasta)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced shiitake mushrooms, caps only
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 6 cups (1.5 L) turkey stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked turkey
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- Coriander leaves
Ingredients Print Recipe
Rinse noodles in hot water to loosen; drain in sieve. Set aside.
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, ginger and salt, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add stock and soy sauce; bring to boil. Add turkey; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add noodles and green onions; simmer for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Accompanying recipe: Terrific Turkey Stock
cal 497, pro 33 g, total fat 10 g, sat. fat 2 g, carb 65 g, fiber 1 g, chol 45 mg, sodium 1 mg, calcium 6%, iron 22%, vit A 0%, vit C 10%, folate 16%