Terrific Turkey Stock
- Provided by: Kary Osmond
- 12 cups (2.8 L) cold water
- 1 turkey carcass, broken into 3 or 4 pieces
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 unpeeled onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) black peppercorns
- 6 stems parsley
Ingredients Print Recipe
In large stockpot, combine water, turkey pieces, celery, carrots, onions, bay leaf, thyme, peppercorns and parsley. Bring to boil; skim off any foam. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 hours.
Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve set over large bowl; let cool. Refrigerate until fat solidifies on surface, about 8 hours; remove fat. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
Accompanying recipe: Turkey Noodle Soup with Shiitake-Mushrooms