Sweet and Tangy Sausage Pepper Kabobs
- Servings: 4
- Provided by: Kary Osmond
- 1 lb (454 g) mild Italian sausages, cut in 24 pieces
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, seeded and cut in 32 pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut in 32 pieces
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
Ingredients Print Recipe
Onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pieces of sausage, Cubanelle peppers, red pepper and onion.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper and oregano; brush half over skewers.
Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once and brushing with remaining oil mixture, until sausages are no longer pink in centre, 12 to 15 minutes.