Orecchiette with Broccoli and Garlic
- Servings: 6
- Provided by: Kary Osmond
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 4 cups (1 L) orecchiette pasta, (12 0z/375 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped (or 1 tbsp/15 ml anchovy paste)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients Print Recipe
Cut broccoli into small florets; chop stems. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of ice water. Drain and set aside.
In same pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid, drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry garlic, anchovies, hot pepper flakes and salt until garlic is fragrant and anchovies begin to break down, about 2 minutes.
Add broccoli to skillet; cook until heated through and garlic is beginning to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add to pasta along with reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.