Golden Garlic Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Servings: 8
- Provided by: Kary Osmond
- 3 chicken legs, (2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 3 chicken breasts, (2-1/2 lb.1.25 kg)
- 3 sweet potatoes, (2 lb/1 kg)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) crumbled dried rosemary, (or 3 tbsp/50 mL minced fresh)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 4 whole heads garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 Fresh rosemary sprigs
Ingredients Print Recipe
Trim chicken and cut into pieces, severing legs at joint and cutting breasts in half, crosswise.
Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. In bowl, combine potatoes, chicken, lemon juice, vegetable oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes in single layer in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Arrange chicken, skin side up, over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Trim tops from garlic heads; brush with olive oil. Nestle, cut side down, into chicken and potatoes. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, basting occasionally, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and potatoes are tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Halve garlic heads lengthwise to make 8 portions. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.